Welcome

Hi, and welcome to my blog.  I started this when I was traveling round Europe in 2008 to keep the friends and family back home up to date on how my journey was progressing, and how my art work was going as I had an exhibition on my travels.  Unfortunately I'm not the best when it comes to regularly updating my web pages... but I am trying to get a little better at it.

Still please stay, have a look around and follow any of my links to view my artwork (and my sister, Kyley, link to see some amazing jewellery).

Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Charles Manson meets Jarvis Potter & I know where Knightrider is

Valli Bar, Tallinn.  Charles Manson meets a Jarvis Cocker/Harry Potter hybrid.

The Valli Bar is the last soviet pub in the centre of Tallinn, between the old town and Freedom Square.  A very odd place, complete with formica counter top, and 80's poster adverts for drinks like Harvey's Bristol Creme and Tia Maria, which was last night filled with Finns and drunk Estonians, singing, while one played an accordion.  Very odd.

I also had the good fortune of stumbling upon KITT whilst on my way to the supermarket from my studio this week.  He's old and tired looking and had the misfortune of some reprobate plastering him in stickers and logos but I'm sure it's him.  Now, to find Michael Knight...

 

2 comments:

Aloha Kugs said...

What were they singing?

-Rob

Casey Campbell said...

I'm not sure, it was in Finnish. But it was definately 'good times'...and I must admit I even felt the need to dance in my seat a little :) to the amusement of a large Finnish man with glasses who came over and gave my friends and I hugs and handshakes. Very good fun :)