Welcome

Hi, and welcome to my blog.  I started this when I was traveling round Europe in 2008 to keep the friends and family back home up to date on how my journey was progressing, and how my art work was going as I had an exhibition on my travels.  Unfortunately I'm not the best when it comes to regularly updating my web pages... but I am trying to get a little better at it.

Still please stay, have a look around and follow any of my links to view my artwork (and my sister, Kyley, link to see some amazing jewellery).

Search This Blog

Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2008

My nice red dress :)

I had a red dress, bought at Primark so no expense spared, and wore it over here which got me numerous stares and looks of bewilderment.  It only dawned on Jon much later that my dress was, infact, about the same colour as the soviet flag.  I learned that practically no Estonian woman would ever wear red/scarlet (a sort of unwritten rule).  My dress was a sort of tube thing and therefore had the distinct possibility that I may have looked like I had just tied the Soviet flag around me.
So, not only did I resemble a Russian with my dark hair, I (in my 'Soviet flag') dressed like some Bohemian/Hippy also.  Wonderful :)  At least my Russian neighbours at the studio will have appreciated it.  Primark items having the 50/50 chance of being destroyed the first wash though, has seen my dress succumb to the bin, and thus no longer having the ability to offend the Estonians who quietly go about their daily business :(

No comments: